Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Rear View Mirror

    This morning during prayer, the Lord really laid it on my heart to look forward. I kept thinking "forward, opposed to what?" Well, He began to show me how I so often look to the past...to regret...to what might have been. And I began to see that looking back to my past, whether good or bad, was not in step with what God is doing now and in the future! It all clicked when I was driving home from prayer. I wouldn't drive while constantly looking in the rear view mirror, so why do life while looking back to the past! This was an eye opening revelation for me. Jesus said to him, No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back [to the things behind] is fit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62 AMP     I have, for years, looked back and thought, "man, I wish I was still that thin...I wish my hair was that long...I wish I hadn't dated that guy..." and so on. What was the point? Every decision, every action, every failure has made me who I am today.
    Romans 8:28 tells us: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." ALL THINGS- chew on that for a minute. The disappointments, the joy, the regrets, the acheivements, even the moments that take our breath away...all things! Be refreshed and renewed today by looking at what He is doing now, where you are now, and where He is taking you!

xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you and so proud to call you my friend. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete