Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Peace

What a beautiful word! Sometimes just saying it makes me feel calm. However when we live in a sin filled world, peace is often the last thing we feel. I have walked through times in my own life where peace was no where to be found. Recently I had a friend lose her father to cancer. It suddenly stirred up so many familiar feelings in me, one being the lack of peace. I instantly began to worship and the peace was back. God gave me the perfect passage in His word for her and gave me the strength and words to minister it to her. In that moment I sensed what Philippians 4:7 means when it says"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." We have to lose the right to understand before we can have the peace that transcends our own understanding! As humans we always want to know why? what next? But sometimes we only need to trust. I love this verse in the MSG paraphrase: "Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." I mean WOW! He gives us wholeness, He works every circumstance for our good, we are settle, and He displaces worry! With that in mind why are we so shocked by life's ups and downs! For me I often forget or fail to place this above my problems. Write this scripture down, put it on your fridge, mirror, car, wherever you will see it and get it in you! God is good and He longs to give you peace....

1 comment:

  1. you haven't written since 2/15/12. I'm going to need some wisdom from you ASAP. Get to writing, girl! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete